Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bill Maher #321 Brownie High

by Catherine Giordano

Maureen Dowd went to Colorado, got some marijuana edibles, and then did everything wrong. Afterwards, she blasts the details of her bad trip in The New York Times. (Read the column here.)  This prompted Bill Maher to  do a bit called "Brownie Points" on episode #321 of Real Time with Bill Maher, which aired on Friday June 12. 2014.
 
I had planned to repeat them here as a public service, but I noticed that his remarks were all over the internet, so instead I will just link you to the best recounting of his bit. It is not only good advice about how when and where to indulge in pot, but it is funny. (And you don't even have to be high to laugh your head off.)


CLICK HERE
for brownies that give  a sugar high
without  a cannabis high--
no marijuana and only 100 calories
 CLICK HERE to read the full review of episode 321

 CLICK HERE  for video of "Brownie Points" 


In November 2014, Florida will vote on a referendum to legalize medical marijuana. Opponents talk as if marijuana wasn't already being used all over the state, just illegally, enriching drug dealers. In 2012, as part of my News Print Poetry Project, I found a news story about seniors using pot and did a poem about it, Seniors Going to Pot.

I will be voting "yes." not because I want to get high (not that there is anything wrong with that), but because if I ever need to use marijuana as part of my medical treatment, I want my doctor to be able to prescribe it.

Guests  on "Real Time" for #321 on 6/13/14


Gina McCarthy:  U.S. Environmental Protection Agency administrator

 
Richard A. Clarke:  former National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism and author of several books, both fiction and non-fiction.  His newest novel is Sting of the Drone
 
Krystal Ball:  co-host on MSNBC's The Cycle

 
Tom Rogan:  a contributor to National Review Online, The Daily Telegraph, blogger at TomRoganThinks

 
Carol Leifer: a stand-up comedian, writer and producer for several TV shows, and author. Her latest book is How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment